Saturday, January 12, 2013

Seoul, Korea - Shopping Details Part 2





Hello!

After doing up my part 1 of the shopping details, I'm here for part 2. This will have to be a pretty quick one as I need to get ready and leave home for Brother's place for a siblings' gathering today. We are gonna have a Korean food feast with the Korean food I've bought back from Seoul (I'll take pictures!).

For those who have yet to read part 1, the link is here. I'm continuing with the stop numbers so it's Stop 4 now!! *Stop numbers indicates my personal preferences of the places*

Shopping Stop #4: Lotte Marts (Jamsil & Seoul Stations respectively)
How to get there: For the one at Jamsil - Take subway line 2 or 8 to Jamsil station, the one at Seoul - Take subway line 1 or 4, exit 1.

Interior of Lotte Mart
Lotte Marts are basically the place for Korean foodies. You can buy raman, kim chi, side dishes, sweet potato latte, green tea latte, and many other Korean food. This place is Tax-free which means tourists get tax refunds with a minimum purchase of 30,000 won.

They have 4 outlets in Seoul but I've only gone to the ones at Jamsil station and Seoul station. Jamsil station is also the station where Lotte World is located. So you can actually go to Lotte World and buy some goods back to hotel or hostel. Oh and 1 thing I love about Lotte mart? They provide EMS services right at the outlets, so purchase, go to the boxing corner, get a box, pack your stuff and proceed to the EMS counter, send it back home! I didn't do this this time round since I didn't get much stuff but my next trip, I'm so gonna do that! Either that or I'll send my clothes back. hahhaha!

The entrance of Lotte Mart at Seoul Station

The one located at Seoul station is the one where by the airport railway and the buses to Busan are. For those taking the railway back to the airports (Gimpo or Incheon), you can drop by Lotte Mart before going to the station. I spotted a corner where by many luggage are left and it isn't a proper luggage corner but they have staffs at the counters so I presume it's pretty safe! 

Happy shopping for food before going back home!! Prices are reasonable as well so grab as much as you want. Oh tip! You might want to buy the food back the day before you return home or on the day itself so the food is somewhat fresher (especially the kim chi and side dishes!) so save a whole lot of money! You will easily reach 30,000 won with just 2 kim chi and 1 side dish. Also, kim chi is a prohibited item for hand carries, so you should pack them in a box at Lotte mart and check in at the check in counter. 

Shopping Stop #5: Another Underground Shopping Mall
How to get there: Take subway line 2 or 8 to Jamsil station

My Korean Unnie brought me to the Jamsil Station and told me there's another underground shopping mall at Jamsil station. We didn't have much time to shop around by then because she had to drive back to Incheon, 1 hr drive! So whoever goes to Seoul and have a chance to visit this underground shopping mall, let me know how is it?? hehhe!


Shopping Stop #6: Hongdae Street
How to get there: Take subway line 2 and alight at Hongik University station.

I didn't get anything from this street as the prices of the items are higher as compared to the Gangnam Underground Shopping Mall or at Sinchon station. Hongdae has nightclubs for foreigners just like Itaewon. I constantly hear loud music on the street and most of the songs are English hits. They have many cafes as well, my friend and I went in to the Hello Kitty cafe which we found by chance! It's lovely and the prices are very reasonable!

Their washroom! They apparently only has washroom for the ladies, so guys.. I guess you have to go else where? hahah. 
Cafes in Seoul mainly uses the device that beeps and vibrate when your order is ready. I love the Hello Kitty design on the table. haha. Oh btw, I am not a fan of Hello Kitty or pink but it's really lovely there in the cafe. 


Sweet potato latte (must try in Seoul!), hot chocolate and a choco banana waffle~ Cost us about 13,200 won if I didn't remember wrongly.

Design on the cup! heh! ^-^
So...... I'm like done with the shopping areas I've covered there during my trip. I left out Dongdaemun and Namdaemun so I'll make sure I get my feet there in my next trip! That's all for shopping! I'll slowly update on the other things I do while I was there. No updates over the weekends because I'll be out most of the time and busy doing research for my school's assignments.

Bye~~


No comments:

Post a Comment